What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can be placed on your device when you interact with online content (such as websites) that allows us to recognise and remember your browser. When you visit our site, cookies gather and store some information about the way you use our website.
The information we collect from cookies allows us to provide you with a better experience because our website stores your preferences as you browse. Some types of cookies also perform essential functions to enhance how our website works.
Types of cookies we use
- Session cookies: we use session cookies to link the actions of a user on our website during a browser session. Session cookies are used for a number of reasons, such as remembering items in your shopping cart. Session cookies are usually erased when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies: we use persistent cookies on our website to remember user information or settings across our website and for targeted advertising. Persistent cookies are stored on your device between browser sessions for a set period of time.
- First and third-party cookies: First party cookies are set by us on our website. We may also use third-party cookies on our website, such as for the purposes of ads on our website.
- enable the essential site features and value-added support services on our website;
- improve the performance and usability of our website;
- personalise content and ads;
- provide social media features;
- analyse site behavior and website traffic and sometimes cross-reference it back to a call or chat that you make to us;
- build an aggregated profile of the visitors on our website;
- advertise our promotions, value-added products, and services to our customers.
We also share information about your use of our website with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them, or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
How to manage or disable cookies in your browser?
You can control the extent to which your device allows cookies to be set on it, by changing your cookie settings in your browser. If you disable all cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our website may not work.
Further information on how to manage or disable cookies in your browser are set out below: