This small camera module for the Pi Zero (or Pi Zero W) is perfect for small camera projects where space is at a premium.
The high-definition 5MP camera delivers outstanding photos but can also shoot video, ideal for drones or a CCTV project. The lightweight combined with the black of the camera module allows for it to be used in more practical roles, such as a hidden camera or even a camera for a Pi-phone, for example.
This Raspberry Pi Camera Module is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data.
- 5MP sensor, 2592×1944 pixels
- 1080p video at 30 FPS (or 60 FPS at 720p, 90 FPS at 480p)
- Max. Resolution: 2592 x 1944
- f2.9 lens, 3.60 mm focal length
- 53.50 degrees horizontal, 41.41 degrees vertical field of view
- CCD Dimension: 1/4 inch
- Dimensions: 60mm x 11.5mm x 5mm
- 1x Raspberry Pi Zero 5MP Camera Module