Feather is the new development board from Adafruit, and like its namesake, it is thin, light, and lets you fly! We designed Feather to be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores.
The Adafruit Feather M0 Adalogger – is Adafruit’s take on an ‘all-in-one’ Cortex M0 datalogger (or data-reader) with built-in USB and battery charging. It’s an Adafruit Feather M0 with a microSD holder ready to rock!
At the Feather M0’s heart is an ATSAMD21G18 ARM Cortex M0 processor, clocked at 48 MHz and at 3.3V logic, the same one used in the new Arduino Zero. This chip has a whopping 256K of FLASH (8x more than the Atmega328 or 32u4) and 32K of RAM (16x as much)! This chip comes with a built-in USB, so it has a USB-to-Serial program & debug capability built in with no need for an FTDI-like chip.
Adafruit added a connector for any of our 3.7V Lithium polymer batteries and built-in battery charging to make it easy to use for portable projects. Of course, you don’t need a battery. It will run just fine straight from the micro USB connector. But, if you have a battery, you can take it on the go and then plug in the USB to recharge. The Feather will automatically switch over to USB power when it’s available. We also tied the battery thru a divider to an analog pin, so you can measure and monitor the battery voltage to detect when you need a recharge.
The Feather M0 Adalogger uses the extra space left over to add MicroSD + a green LED:
- Pin #8 green LED for your blinking pleasure
- MicroSD card holder for adding as much storage as possible for reading or writing.
It comes fully assembled and tested, with a USB bootloader that lets you quickly use it with the Arduino IDE.
- ATSAMD21G18 @ 48MHz with 3.3V logic/power
- 256KB of FLASH + 32KB of RAM
- No EEPROM
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
- USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
- You also get tons of pins – 20 GPIO pins
- Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
- 8 x PWM pins
- 10 x analog inputs
- 1 x 10-bit analog output (DAC)
- Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
- Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button
- Dimensions: 51mm x 23mm x 8mm (without pins)
- Weight: 5.3g
- 1 x Adafruit Feather M0 Adalogger