The Adafruit Feather nRF52 Bluefruit is another easy-to-use all-in-one Bluetooth Low Energy board, with a native-Bluetooth chip, the nRF52832! It’s our take on an ‘all-in-one’ Arduino-compatible + Bluetooth Low Energy with built-in USB and battery charging.
This chip has twice the flash, SRAM, and performance of the earlier nRF51-based Bluefruit modules. Best of all, it has Arduino IDE support so there is no ‘helper’ chip like the ATmega32u4 or ATSAMD21. Instead, this chip is programmed directly! It’s got tons of awesome peripherals: plenty of GPIO, analog inputs, PWM, timers, etc. Leaving out the extra microcontroller means the price, complexity, and power usage are all lower/better. It allows you to run code directly on the nRF52832, straight from the Arduino IDE as you would with any other MCU or Arduino-compatible device. A single MCU means better performance, lower overall power consumption, and lower production costs if you ever want to design your own hardware based on your Bluefruit nRF52 Feather project!
The chip comes preprogrammed with an auto-resetting bootloader so you can upload quickly in the Arduino IDE with no button-pressing. Want to program the chip directly? You can use our command line tools with your favorite editor and toolchain.
- ARM Cortex M4F (with HW floating point acceleration) running at 64MHz
- 512KB flash and 64KB SRAM
- Built-in USB Serial converter for fast and efficient programming and debugging
- Bluetooth Low Energy compatible 2.4GHz radio (Details available in the nRF52832 product specification)
- FCC / IC / TELEC certified module
- Up to +4dBm output power
- 1.7v to 3.3v operation with internal linear and DC/DC voltage regulators
- 19 GPIO, 8 x 12-bit ADC pins, up to 12 PWM outputs (3 PWM modules with 4 outputs each)
- Pin #17 red LED for general purpose blinking
- Power/enable pin
- Measures 2.0″ x 0.9″ x 0.28″ (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers soldered in
- Light as a (large?) feather – 5.7 grams
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button
- Optional SWD connector for debugging
- Weight: 5.2g
- Dimensions: 51mm x 22.9mm x 7.1mm
- 1 x Adafruit Feather nRF52 Bluefruit LE – nRF52832