BMP280 is a barometric pressure with temperature sensor designed for mobile applications. It is an upgrade of the renowned BMP180 sensor and is based on Bosch’s Piezo-resistive pressure sensor technology which gives high accuracy output and linearity.
This small sensor has an impressive accuracy of ±1 hPa in measuring barometric pressure, ±1.0°C in temperature measurement and ±1 meter in altitude accuracy. What’s even greater with this sensor is that it supports either I2C or SPI interface. You may use I2C for simple wirings, or SPI if you want to connect a bunch of sensors.
This very useful, easy to use and multifunctional sensor is indeed a great value for its price!
- Model: GY-BMP280-3.3
- Chip: BMP280
- Power supply: 3V
- Communication method: Standard IIC/SPI communication protocol
- Air pressure range: 300-1100hPa
- Pin pitch: 2.54mm
- Module size: 11.5mm*15mm
- Operating range (full accuracy):
- Pressure: 300 – 1100 hPa
- Temperature: -40 – 85°C
- Average current consumption (1 Hz data refresh rate): 2.74 μA, typical (ultra-low power mode)
- Average current consumption in sleep mode: 0.1 μA
- Average measurement time: 5.5 msec (ultra-low power preset)
- Supply voltage VDDIO: 1.2 – 3.6V
- Supply Voltage VDD: 1.71 – 3.6V
- Resolution of data:
- Pressure: 0.01 hPa (< 10cm)
- Temperature: 0.01° C
- Interface: I²C and SPI
- 1x BMP280 Barometric Pressure and Temperature Sensor I2C/SPI Interface
- 1x Header pin set