This module allows users to experiment with dot matrix LEDs, which can be used in various electronic display panels, without the complicated wiring. It uses MAX7219 as the serial matrix LED driver to handle all the complicated stuff such as multiplexing the LEDs and driving them at the correct currents. MAX7219 works perfectly on 7 segment displays with common cathode pins. They have built-in lcd decoder for easily displaying information and if you don’t want to use the decoder you can byte-wise set every digit of your display.
- A single module can drive an 8×8 dot matrix common cathode
- Operating voltage: 5V
- Dimension: 12.8 x 12.8 x 1.3cm
- Fixing screws with 64 holes with a diameter 3mm
- Module with input and output interfaces, support for cascading multiple modules
- 1 x MAX7219 Dot Matrix Module
- 1 x 20cm 5P Line