The Sharp GP2Y1014AU0F Optical Dust and Smoke Particle Sensor use a photodiode to detect the dust. An infrared emitting diode and a phototransistor are diagonally arranged to allow them to detect the reflected light of dust in the air.
To get the desired data out of the sensor, you need to trigger the LED with a 10ms pulse in which the pulse width should be not more than 0.32ms. And as recommended by the datasheet, we should sample the signal after 0.28ms, after the trigger pulse is provided to the LED.
- Typical Operating Voltage: 4.5-5Vdc
- Operating current: 20mA max
- Minimum Detectable Dust Size: 0.5µm
- Dust Density Sensing Range: Up to 580 ug/m3
- Sensing Time: Less than 1 Second
- Weight: 15g
- Size: 47mm x 30mm x 17mm
- 1 x Optical Dust and Smoke Particle Sensor
- 1 x 6 Pin Cable Connector
- 1 x 150 ohms Resistor
- 1 x 220 µf Capacitor