SIM900 Quad-Band GPRS/GSM Shield Development Board for Arduino
The GPRS/GSM shield allows an Arduino board to communicate using the GSM cell phone network. It allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet, send and receive SMS, and make outgoing and incoming voice calls. To illustrate, Arduino board perceives a GSM shield as a modem; while the GSM/mobile operator perceives a GSM shield as a mobile phone. This GPRS shield is based on SIM900 module, which is a complete Quad-band GSM/GPRS module and delivers GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz performance for voice, SMS, Data, and Fax in a small form factor and with low power consumption. Besides the communication features, this shield also has the 12 GPIOs, 2 PWMs and an ADC of the SIM900 module present on-board.
The shield is compatible with the Arduino and with all boards which have the same form factor as a standard Arduino Board such as Mega, Mega ADK, Yun, and Leonardo boards. It is configured and controlled through UART using simple AT commands.
- Will work on GSM networks in all countries across the world.
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Easy control using AT commands
- Enable sending SMS over the network
- Allows uploading of data to a web server
- RTC supported
- Selectable serial port
- With speaker and headphone jacks
- Low power consumption
- Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2 W @ 850 / 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800 / 1900MHz)
- Control via AT commands
- Standard Commands: GSM 07.07 & 07.05
- Enhanced Commands: SIMCOM AT Commands
- Short Message Service – send small amounts of data over the network (ASCII or raw hexadecimal).
- Embedded TCP/UDP stack – upload data to a web server.
- RTC supported.
- Selectable serial port.
- Speaker and Headphone jacks
- Low power consumption – 1.5mA (sleep mode)
- Industrial Temperature Range – -40°C to +85 °C
- Size: 8.5×5.7x2cm (approx)
- 1 x SIM900 Quad-Band GPRS/GSM Shield Development Board for Arduino
We ship Australia wide to all addresses, including PO Box, Parcel Locker, etc.
The following shipping options available are listed below:
- Standard Shipping – Free (low cost / small products) – Sent via standard Australia Post stamped mail, 3 – 7 business days delivery depending on location, minimal tracking.
- Standard Shipping – Free (higher cost / larger products) – Sent via Australia Post Parcel Service or Courier Service, depending on location and mailing address, 2 – 5 business days delivery, with full tracking.
- Express Post – $12.00 (Cost may be higher depending on product size) – Sent via Australia Post Express Service, 1 – 2 business days for metro orders, potentially longer for orders outside of metro zones, with full tracking.
Orders outside of metro orders can take 2+ days longer than the estimates stated above.
Shipping costs for international orders vary depending on location and package size, where possible we have kept this to flat rate charges to reduce confusion.
International orders are shipped through Australia Post and Sendle courier service depending on the most economical at the time.
In-person pickup is currently not available. If the order is urgent, please contact us to see what can be arranged.
If you have any questions, please have a look at the customer service portal where you will find answers to many common questions, or you can reach out to us through the contact us page.
If you would like more information regarding placing international orders, please view the faq page under the “Do you accept international orders?” section.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ with Case, Cooling Fan and Heat sinks
ESP-12E (ESP8266-12E) Wireless WiFi Transceiver
Dashboard Camera 2.7 Inch TFT Display 1080P with IR Nightvision and G Sensor