The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module, providing accurate distance measurement. It can measure absolute distances up to 2m (6.6 ft) with a 1mm resolution.
Ranging measurements are available through the sensor’s I2C (TWI) interface, which is also used to configure the sensor settings. The module has 2 additional pins, shutdown input and an interrupt output.
- Operating voltage: 2.6V – 5.5V
- Active sensor current: 19mA
- Interface: I2C
- 940nm laser VCSEL, VCSEL driver, ranging sensor with advanced embedded micro controller
- Measures absolute range up to 2 meters
- Dimensions: 13mm x 11mm
- VDD: Regulated 2.8 V output. Almost 150 mA is available to power external components. (If you want to bypass the internal regulator, you can instead use this pin as a 2.8 V input with VIN disconnected.)
- VIN: This is the main 2.6 V to 5.5 V power supply connection. The SCL and SDA level shifters pull the I2C lines high to this level.
- GND: The ground (0 V) connection for your power supply. Your I2C control source must also share a common ground with this board.
- SDA: Level-shifted I2C data line: HIGH is VIN, LOW is 0 V
- SCL: Level-shifted I2C clock line: HIGH is VIN, LOW is 0 V
- XSHUT: This pin is an active-low shutdown input; the board pulls it up to VDD to enable the sensor by default. Driving this pin low puts the sensor into hardware standby. This input is not level-shifted.
- 1 x VL53L0X Time of Flight Laser Ranging Sensor Module
- 1 x Header Pin Set