The PCA9685 16-Channel 12-Bit PWM/Servo Driver Module is a breakout board that is the ideal component when your project requires many servo motors.
16 fully programmable PWM outputs with a 12-bit resolution giving a total of 4096 programmable steps with the duty cycle being adjustable from 0% to 100%, with all 16 channels frequency can be programmed from 24Hz to 1526Hz.
The breakout board has 16 sets of headers that allows for any servo motor with a standard header to be directly plugged into the module, as well as a screw terminal block for an external 5V power connection to power the motors so as to not draw power from the microcontroller.
With an I2C header with 10k pull-up resistors, the module only requires 2 data pins (SDA & SCL) for control. With a wide operating voltage range of 2.3V to 5.5V allowing the module to be powered from a large range of power supplies and safe to interface with a Raspberry Pi or any other non 5V tolerant microcontrollers.
- Operating voltage: 2.3V – 5.5V
- Communication interface: IIC
- 16 individually programmed drivers
- 25MHz internal oscillator
- Internal power-on reset
- Noise filter on SDA / SCL inputs
- Edge rate control on outputs
- 4 software-programmable I2C bus addresses
- 4096 step (12-bit) linear programmable PWM outputs
- Output frequency: 24Hz – 1526Hz
- Dimensions: 25mm x 61mm
- 1 x 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver Module – I2C Interface – PCA9685