The Beagle Bone Black (BBONE-BLACK-4G) is a low cost, high-expansion focused BeagleBoard using a low-cost Sitara™ AM3358 ARM® Cortex™-A8 processor from Texas Instruments. The unit comes with the Linux distribution Ångström preinstalled on the onboard 4GB FLASH, ready to start evaluation and development.
The board itself boots Linux in under 10 seconds and the user can get started on development in less than 5 minutes with just a single USB cable.
Many other Linux distributions and operating systems are also supported by BeagleBone Black including Ubuntu, Android, and Fedora. Like its predecessors, the BeagleBone Black is designed to address the Open Source Community, early adopters, and anyone interested in a low-cost ARM® Cortex™-A8 based processor.
It has been equipped with a minimum set of features to allow the user to experience the power of the processor and also offers access to many of the interfaces and allows for the use of add-on boards called capes, to add many different combinations of features.
- USB client for power and communication
- USB host
- Ethernet and HDMI interface
- 512MB DDR3 RAM
- Cortex A8 ARM
- 4GB 8bit eMMC onboard flash storage
- Optional onboard 20 pin CTU JTAG, serial header
- Most BeagleBone capes are cross-compatible
- 3D graphics accelerator
- Neaon floating-point accelerator
- 2x PRU 32-bit microcontrollers
- 2x 46 headers for cape connectivity
- 1x BeagleBone Black Rev C Development Board
There are no reviews yet.