The HX711 Load Cell Amplifier Sensor Module uses a very high precision 24 AD converter chip (HX711) and 2 differential high gain analog input channels.
The HX711 is a precision 24-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) designed for weighing scales and industrial control applications to interface directly with a bridge sensor.
The input multiplexer selects either Channel A or B differential input to the low-noise programmable gain amplifier (PGA). Channel A can be programmed with a gain of 128 or 64, corresponding to a full-scale differential input voltage of ±20mV or ±40mV respectively, when a 5V supply is connected to AVDD analog power supply pin. Channel B has a fixed gain of 32. On-chip power supply regulator eliminates the need for an external supply regulator to provide analog power for the ADC and the sensor.
There is no programming needed for the internal registers. All controls to the HX711 are through the pins.
- Operating voltage: 2.6V – 5.5V
- Operating temperature: -40C – 85C
- Two selectable differential input channels
- On-chip active low noise PGA with selectable gain of 32, 64 and 128
- On-chip power supply regulator for load-cell and ADC analog power supply
- On-chip oscillator requiring no external component with optional external crystal
- On-chip power-on-reset
- Simple digital control and serial interface: pin-driven controls, no programming needed
- Selectable 10SPS or 80SPS output data rate
- Simultaneous 50 and 60Hz supply rejection
- Current consumption including on-chip analog power supply regulator: normal operation < 1.5mApower down < 1uA
- 1 x HX711 Load Cell Amplifier Sensor Digital Interface Module
- 1 x Header Pin Set