The MAX471 GY-471 3A Current Sensor Module is a complete, bidirectional, high side current-sense amplifier for portable PCs, telephones, and other systems where battery/DC power-line monitoring is critical.
The MAX471 GY-471 3A Current Sensor Module has an internal 35mΩ current-sense resistor and measures battery currents up to ±3A. The module has a built-in 2K Ohm sense resistor giving the module a full sensor range of +/- 3A.
An open-collector SIGN output indicates a current-flow direction, allowing the user to monitor whether a battery is being charged or discharged. Operation is from 3V to 36V, and draws less than 100µA over temperature.
- Operating voltage: 3V – 36V
- Operating current: +/- 3A
- Dimensions: 20mm x 19.5mm
- Sensor RS+: Load positive supply (3V – 36V)
- Sensor RS-: Connect to load or charger
- Interface RS+: Alternative load positive supply (3V – 36V)
- Interface GND: Connection to loads GND supply
- Interface OUT: Sensor output (1V / Amp, 3V max)
- Interface SIGN: Current flow direction, an open-collector logic output (low = current flow from RS+ to RS-)
- Interface GND: Alternative GND
- Interface RS-: Alternative load
- 1 x MAX471 GY-471 3A Current Sensor Module
- 1 x Header Set
- 1 x Header Line Connections