The RS485 Transceiver Communication Module – MAX485 is a lower power transceiver module based on the Maxim MAX485 IC which allows serial communication over long cable runs, up to 1,200 meters.
Serial data can be transmitted in both direction (half duplex) at a rate of 2.5Mbps, the module operates on a standard 5V power supply and uses 5V logic levels, allowing it to be easily interfaced with hardware serial ports on popular microcontrollers, such as Arduino, PIC etc.
Communication direction is controlled with a single digital pin and is possible to connect multiple modules together, allowing communication between 2 or more devices, as well as being possible to connected multiple in series as repeaters for an even greater distance.
- Operating voltage: 5V DC
- Data rate: up to 2.5Mbps (half duplex bi-direction)
- Dimensions: 44mm x 14mm
- VCC: 5V
- A: Non-inverting receiver input and no inverting driver output
- B: Inverting receiver input and inverting driver output
- GND: 0V
- R0: Receiver output
- RE: Receiver output enable
- DE: Driver output enable
- DI: Driver input
- 1 x RS485 Transceiver Communication Module – MAX485