RS485 Transceiver Communication Module – MAX485
The RS485 Transceiver Communication Module – MAX485 is a lower power transceiver module based on the Maxim MAX485 IC which allows serial communication over long cable runs, up to 1,200 meters.
Serial data can be transmitted in both direction (half-duplex) at a rate of 2.5Mbps, the module operates on a standard 5V power supply and uses 5V logic levels, allowing it to be easily interfaced with hardware serial ports on popular microcontrollers, such as Arduino, PIC, etc.
Communication direction is controlled with a single digital pin and is possible to connect multiple modules together, allowing communication between 2 or more devices, as well as being possible to connected multiple in series as repeaters for an even greater distance.
- Operating voltage: 5V DC
- Data rate: up to 2.5Mbps (half-duplex bi-direction)
- Dimensions: 44mm x 14mm
- VCC: 5V
- A: Non-inverting receiver input and no inverting driver output
- B: Inverting receiver input and inverting driver output
- GND: 0V
- R0: Receiver output
- RE: Receiver output enable
- DE: Driver output enable
- DI: Driver input
- 1 x RS485 Transceiver Communication Module – MAX485
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We ship Australia wide to all addresses, including PO Box, Parcel Locker, etc.
The following shipping options available are listed below:
- Standard Shipping – Free (low cost / small products) – Sent via standard Australia Post stamped mail, 3 – 7 business days delivery depending on location, minimal tracking.
- Standard Shipping – Free (higher cost / larger products) – Sent via Australia Post Parcel Service or Courier Service, depending on location and mailing address, 2 – 5 business days delivery, with full tracking.
- Express Post – $12.00 (Cost may be higher depending on product size) – Sent via Australia Post Express Service, 1 – 2 business days for metro orders, potentially longer for orders outside of metro zones, with full tracking.
Orders outside of metro orders can take 2+ days longer than the estimates stated above.
Shipping costs for international orders vary depending on location and package size, where possible we have kept this to flat rate charges to reduce confusion.
International orders are shipped through Australia Post and Sendle courier service depending on the most economical at the time.
In-person pickup is currently not available. If the order is urgent, please contact us to see what can be arranged.
If you have any questions, please have a look at the customer service portal where you will find answers to many common questions, or you can reach out to us through the contact us page.
If you would like more information regarding placing international orders, please view the faq page under the “Do you accept international orders?” section.