The MCP23017 / MCP23S17 provides 16-bit parallel I/O (Input / Output) expansion for I2C bus or SPI applications.
The 16-bit I/O port functionally consists of two 8-bit ports, with these 2 ports have 2 interrupt pins as well.
- 16-bit remote bidirectional I/O port
- I/O pins default to input
- High-speed I2C interface
- Three hardware address pins allow up to eight devices on the bus
- Configurable interrupt output pins
- Configurable as active-high, active-low or open-drain
- INTA and INTB can be configured to operate independently or together
- Configurable interrupt source
- Interrupt-on-change from configured register defaults or pin changes
- Polarity inversion register to configure the polarity of the input port data
- External reset input
- Low standby current: 1uA (Max)
- 3 x MCP23017 I2C 16 Bit I/O Expander IC